Sunday, October 25, 2015

The end of summer time

Today Israel turned its clocks back from summer time to winter time. This year had the longest period that I recall using summer time. 

Almost immediately the weather reacted: first rain, then heavy winds and hailstones the size of tennis balls. There was only mild rain where I live, but other areas were badly affected and had no electricity from about 9am until 9pm.

One person with whom I am in contact with regard to my research and also teaching Priority could only contact me after 8pm; he said that his company had been without power all day long.

Monday is supposed to be dry but the rains will continue on Tuesday and Wednesday. Often, it's not the rain which is problematic but the wind. We should, of course, be thankful that we are not living in the Philippines, which has just suffered a very strong typhoon.

No comments: