Friday, January 24, 2014

Song festival - videos

All the traveling of the past few weeks has worn me out; I woke up on Wednesday morning with a ticklish throat, and for the first time in a few years I am suffering from viral pharyngitis. I can barely speak; it hurts to swallow and I spent most of yesterday in bed, too weak to move. Today I'm feeling a bit better but still can't speak in a voice stronger than a whisper.

Finally I have received the dvd of the song festival which was held a month ago. I have extracted the two songs whose tunes I wrote and have uploaded them to YouTube. I will be the first to say that my performance is hardly electrifying, although of course, the song itself is somewhat depressing. I am uploading the songs as a public service.

Listening to the songs, it sounds to me as if Orna's microphone in the first song was in fact live, as there are times when I can hear two voices. She was supposed to mime (or sing softly) and the microphone was supposed to be turned off, but it seems that the microphone was left on. Her performance can be found here - note how I suddenly appear to sing the chorus which can barely be heard.

I'm singing harmony with myself here. It's a shame that the microphone stand was in my face all the time.


No comments: