Thursday, June 06, 2013

Barcelona log (0)

Once again, holiday time has arrived. I'm sitting near the departure gate for our flight to Barcelona - we should be boarding soon. We spend four nights in Barcelona then fly to London, where we will stay for another four nights, and finally to Edinburgh, where we will be a week. Our visit culminates with the degree awarding ceremony in Edinburgh, the event for which I have been waiting a year and which determined our dates.

So far, this trip has been the worst in terms of preparation. First of all, there was the mixup regarding the date of my exam. Then on Saturday night, I idly looked at our Israeli passports, only to discover that mine had run out a few days previously whereas my wife's would run out in a few days. Fortunately, we were able to get new passports within a few days.

I needed to buy mini DV cassettes for our camcorder. No shop in the vicinity had such cassettes and it seems that no one in Israel sells them anymore. I could buy via eBay but it's a bit late for that now. So my wife bought a new camcorder yesterday afternoon with a built in memory card - Panasonic SDR S70. I intend to spend the flight learning how to use the new camera. Hopefully in London I will be able to buy an extra battery and charger for the camera.

Ok: boarding now. More news later tonight from Barcelona.

No comments: