Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Passover hall pictures

I mentioned a few days ago that I seemed to be having problems connecting my mobile phone to computers in order to download pictures that I had taken with the phone. I went yesterday to one of my mobile provider's service stations; I was told that there was nothing wrong with the phone, but that some definition which previously had been automatic now had to be set manually each time I connected the USB cable. I have just looked in the phone's manual and discovered how I can reset the automatic definition.

With that out of the way, I was able to connect the phone to the computer and download pictures. Today's pictures were taken two weeks ago on the afternoon and evening of the Passover festival meal. If you guessed that the hall looks like the sort of place where weddings take place, then you would be correct, as for most of the year, this hall (in fact, a huge tent) hosts wedding parties.

As I mentioned before, the walls are decorated with hand stitched panels depicting scenes from the Passover story.



The next picture show the hall in the afternoon when we were rehearsing the songs: the tables have been laid but there are no people. The final picture shows the celebration in full swing. The decorated walls can be seen at the back of the picture.


No comments: