Sunday, April 15, 2012

I've sort of been on holiday for the past week and a half, which would explain the lack of blogging. It was the Passover week, during which the company in which I work is normally closed. My daily schedule was something like -
  • work - between one and two hours a day, although one day I did travel to Haifa bay, making that a full day's work
  • reading - between one and two hours a day
  • television - the Educational television ceased screening 'Spooks' a few weeks ago, reverting to 'Silent Witness'. I recorded several episodes before having the opportunity to watch even one episode, but I'm slowly working through the backlog
  • programming - I spent several hours a day at the beginning of the week working on programs for the Occupational Psychologist
  • sequencing - I've been working on sequencing a version of Van der Graaf Generator's song 'Pilgrims'. I've completed one version, but when I play it back, it gets boring towards the end. I need to find something interesting for the second chorus.
  • eating - probably too much. My weight stayed the same for the week, which I take as a good sign
Actually, the most interesting thing that happened took place before the holiday -  a week ago last Wednesday, I had a lecture in Strategic Planning, where the class discussed a problem that we had been set, which was about a company with several products, some of which were losing their way. The next day, I took part in a meeting at work about one of our business units which functions as if the computer had yet to be developed. I felt that the evening before, I had been going over the academic aspects of how to run a company, and that during the meeting, I was getting a practical lesson in running a company. My conclusion: the managers of this business unit ought to take a course in business studies!

If I'm talking MBA, then I have to report on our mystery visitor from a fortnight before. I talked with a student who had been hovering near the economics lecturer while he had been talking to the visitor, so she recalled who I meant. She didn't know who it was, but she was certain that it was not Professor Schechtman. The only real way of knowing is by asking the economics lecturer, but he has finished his series of lectures on a Wednesday evening and so I will never see him again (unless we have some form of graduation ceremony, but I doubt this).

No comments: