Monday, July 25, 2011

Human Resources Management results

Today, with little fanfare, the results of the HRM exam which I sat in early June were published. I was disappointed to see that I had received only 55%; obviously my internal marking system was more optimistic than the examiner. On the first question, I received 25 out of 40 (whereas I thought that I would get 30 marks), the second only 20 out of 40 (again, I thought that I would get 30 marks, but this was an odd question not allowing itself to clairvoyance), and the third I guessed correctly, getting 10 out of 20.

This is my lowest mark by far and at the moment I'm displeased; this low score doesn't reflect how I felt about the course. On the other hand, this is a subject which does not interest me very much and I doubt whether I will be needing it in the future. I only took the course because it is required by the Israeli Council for Higher Education; as far as Heriot Watt University is concerned, this is an optional course. It will be interesting to see how my fellow examinees faired: I will be seeing some on Friday when the Finance course begins.

The main thing is that I passed.

No comments: