Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Copper socks 2

I discovered that one of the most popular posts that I have written was about copper socks. A few days after writing that entry, I felt that I might have been too enthusiastic, as I was having problems with the socks: they were too tight. I checked whether I had ordered the wrong size, but no, I had ordered 'large' (and being on the small size, my feet are naturally small). It might have been that my wife's laundering caused the socks to shrink slightly; there were no special washing instructions on the packet in which the socks came.

A month later I can say that my problems with the tightness was probably more due to me being unused to wearing shoes and socks after six months in sandals, although I still feel that the socks are a little tight. Until a few days ago, I couldn't wait to get home and take the shoes and socks off, but last night I felt quite comfortable in them.

As for my feet: the fungi seem to have disappeared, although the skin is very dry. I'm going to start rubbing in foot cream before putting on the socks in the morning to alleviate this problem.

I received another letter from Cupron the other day, telling me that they have copper pillowsheets (if I remember correctly) on sale somewhere in Israel. Although I'm pleased that they've started selling to their natural market, it wasn't a product in which I was interested, so I deleted the email.

No comments: