Friday, July 09, 2010

The in-basket 2/A

Whilst reading my previous post, it became clear to me how the duplicate email had been created. There was a letter in the inbox; I double clicked on it in order to open the letter and see its contents. At a later stage, I double clicked on the letter in the inbox again, thus opening the letter a second time. This means that I shall have to add some code to check when double clicking on a letter whether it is currently open; if the letter is open, then the focus should move to this form. As the forms are anonymous (see the excrutiating detail in the previous post), this is going to be more than difficult.

I am reminded of Robert Silverberg's humourous tale of time travel, 'Up the line', when a slightly careless Time Courier manages to duplicate himself.....

No comments: