Monday, February 22, 2010

Organisational Behaviour/2

I was not in Dubai and neither was my passport. It happens that I know (or rather, knew - I've haven't seen this person in maybe 20 years) someone whose passport apparently was in Dubai. Not surprisingly, he is somewhat upset, especially as his real passport is in his possession, and that he wants to travel to the 2012 Olympic Games; he is afraid that he will be stopped and arrested when he arrives in Britain.

I started a new MBA course in economics two weeks ago and am enjoying it. This reminds me why I am studying for an MBA degree - the intellectual challenge and enjoyment. Organisational Behaviour has cast such a shadow that I forgot that learning can be fun. Regarding OB, I am revising and reviewing the material almost daily, but it is so difficult to retain anything. Today I was doing multiple choice questions on the home university's website; the advantage of doing is this that one gets to know the answers and why they were chosen. Out of four answers in a multiple choice question, there can often be three which are right - but one will be 'more right' (or optimal) than the others. We have another revision meeting next week, and the exam is in two weeks time.

I have been trying the 'learning with smell' technique but it isn't too successful as I don't have a good sense of smell. I think that I ruined it during my last year of university when I did a two month lab project which had me working with acetonitrile all the time. This is a rather foul smelling liquid, and I don't think that the lab was too well ventilated. I have been 'learning with sound', but of course I can't take the exam while listening to an mp3 player. Fortunately, I have a musical mind and can normally remember most pieces of music.

If I am worried about the OB exam (and believe me, I am worried, and even have nightmares about it), then the focus lies not in the multiple choice questions (which carry only 25% of the marks) but in the three essay questions. I look at sample questions and haven't a clue what to answer.

No comments: