Saturday, July 14, 2007

More music to sleep by

A copy of "The Pearl" by Brian Eno and and Harold Budd came my way the other day. The editorial review says "This sublime, tranquil recording features 11 haunting ambient tone poems for treated piano. They are crafted from simple chords, arpeggios, or melodies that are frequently trailed by delicate electronic whispers to produce dreamy results" which is enough to sucker me into listening to the tracks.

Unfortunately my ears tell a different story; they heard meandering touches on the piano which didn't add up to anything. I probably will be passing my copy on to someone else who might appreciate it more. The only reason why I might keep it is as an antidote for insomnia, a complaint from which I am most certainly not suffering these days. As such it serves as a companion to the later "Equitorial Stars"; there too I was seduced by the description.

I wonder what my correspondents (see my previous post) would make of these cds.

No comments: